NYC Full-Time: Experienced
About the Position
Education of our internal developers is a big focus for the firm, as we grow both in size and in the complexity and sophistication of the software we build. We’re looking for an experienced and skilled Educator to help lead our effort to grow and improve our education program.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing new curricula, including designing syllabi, exercises, lecture notes, and written guides
- Working directly with students, including delivering lectures, running labs, and answering student questions
- Improving and growing educational projects aimed at other audiences, such as interns and potential recruits
- Working with other Jane Streeters who participate in the education effort to help them improve their own lectures and classes
- Collecting feedback and leveraging that knowledge to help us improve our education efforts
- Developing software, in part to create tools to serve the teaching effort and in part to gain a deeper knowledge of our infrastructure and methodologies
- Connecting to the broader CS-education community to help inform how we approach education
We’re interested in candidates with a strong computer science background who have taught for several years in either an academic or industrial setting. Candidates should be strong writers, editors, and presenters, and should also be effective as software developers. Fluency in English is required.