Effective Date: March 21, 2017
We use common tracking technologies.
We collect personal information about you over time and across different websites when you use our websites or services. To do this, we use several common tracking tools including browser cookies. We may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and similar technologies. We also collect information about you from other sources.
We use tracking technologies for a variety of reasons.
We use tracking tools, like cookies, on our websites. Cookies are small files that download when you access certain websites. To learn more, visit here or here. These pages also explain how you can manage and delete cookies.
We use tracking tools:
- To recognize new or past visitors.
- To store information you have provided to our site. This includes job application information.
- To provide basic site functionality and improve our websites.
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across our websites.
- To better understand the interests of our website visitors.
You can control tracking tools.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To find out more about how to enable, disable, or delete cookies from your web browser, please visit here or here.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. While we strive to respond to those signals, we may not do so on all sites and in all browsers. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop. Options you select are browser and device specific.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising.
The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt-out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here.
Choices you make are both browser and device-specific.
We use specific tracking technologies.
Here is more information about the tracking technologies and cookies we currently use on our websites. We use all of these tracking technologies to improve our site and the experience of our visitors:
- Google AdWords: Google AdWords is a tool that allows us to display advertisements to users and drives traffic to our website. We use AdWords to attract job applicants through our website.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. For example, we collect the total number of times a visitor has been to our website.
- Gravitar: Gravitar is a widget that allows our Tech Blog users to display the same avatar logo that they use on other websites.
- Kissmetrics: We use Kissmetrics to collect information about how visitors use our website. For example, we collect the total number of times a visitor has been to our website. Opt-Out of Kissmetrics.