The best perk is the
person sitting next to you
At Jane Street, people like to work together—and play together.
We have regular after-work events: chess and ping-pong tournaments, card games, trivia nights, dinners, sports and cultural outings, and even the occasional karaoke night.
We also sponsor employee sports teams, including volleyball, basketball, hockey, and soccer.
We have all the benefits and perks you might expect.
- Basic Benefits
- Extra Perks
- Excellent, zero-premium health insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Retirement benefits with company match
- Competitive holiday and vacation policies
- Daily catered breakfasts and restaurant-delivered lunch
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Private on-site gym (with lockers and showers)
- Bike storage (in NYC)
- 16 weeks of parental leave for primary caregivers at 100% salary, plus additional unpaid leave
- Emergency back-up childcare
- Additional week off to celebrate new marriage or domestic partnership
- Equipped mothers’ rooms for nursing mothers
- 90% tuition reimbursement for work-related continuing education
- 90% book reimbursement for work-related books (100% if you add them to the library)
“I was looking for a place where people would be genuinely excited about what they do and would look forward to coming to work every day. I also worked at Jane Street as an intern for a month and loved the fact that from the very beginning I was given projects that helped the more experienced traders in performing their day-to-day tasks. I felt that I was contributing from the very beginning.”
“Very early in my internship, I found out that Jane Street has plenty of two things: challenging, unsolved problems and smart people who are passionate about finding solutions to them. I chose Jane Street because I realized that every day I learned more from the people and the work here than I could anywhere else.”
“At first, I joined because they asked me these interesting puzzle questions during my interviews. Six years later, I’ve realized that worked out well because every job has had me learning new things, not to mention that there’s the flexibility to change jobs (and even change countries) all within the scope of a close-knit group.”